(1) When is Jackson County Transit Closed?
Jackson County Transit is closed on weekends and on the following holidays:
• New Years Day
• Martin Luther King’s Birthday
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Veterans Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Friday after Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day (2 or 3 days)
(2) What Information do I Need?
You should be prepared to give the dispatcher the following information:
• Your name, address, telephone number.
• Date and time of your appointment.
• Special requirements (Wheelchair).
• If you have an aide (aides will ride free but others riding with you will be charged a fare).
• You should be ready no later than half an hour prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
• You should wait at a main entrance or curbside if weather permits.
• The driver will wait five (5) minutes for you to board the van.
(3) What if I have to Cancel My Ride?
If you need to cancel your ride, you must notify the JC Transit office as soon as possible a minimum of one hour prior to your scheduled ride. To cancel your ride call 828-586-0233. If you do not ride when the van arrives for your pick-up and you have not called the Transit office to cancel you will be charged the current public rate for a no show. Payment must be made for no show trips before any other trips can be scheduled.
(4) Can Anyone Ride the Jackson County Transit Vans?
Seats are available to the general public on all routes.
(5) How Can I find out More About the Van Routes and Services?
Call us at 828-586-0233
(6) Can Jackson County Transit Give Me a Ride to the Doctor?
Yes, try to give us at least a 24 hour notice.
(7) May I use Tobacco Products or Eat or Drink on the Vans?
Sorry, for the safety and comfort of everyone riding on JCT vans, eating, drinking and use of tobacco products are not permitted.
(8) Can Jackson County Transit Handle Someone in a Wheelchair?
Yes, Jackson County Transit has lift-vans for easy loading and unloading wheelchairs. We do not provide wheelchairs, it is the person's responsibility to have their own.
(9) Does Jackson County Transit Provide Child Restraint Seats?
No. Child restraint seats must be provided by the parent or guardian. Any child who is younger than 8 or who weighs less than 80 pounds must be secured in a child restraint seat. Child cars seats generally expire within 5 years of manufacturing. Please note that we cannot transport child seats that are out of date.
(10) What Forms of Payment do you Take?
At this time our drivers only accept cash. No debit or credit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jackson County Transit, 2002